Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Two links while I catch up at home

I'm back home after two weeks away.  I'll post more about the trip when I come up for air.

I found a couple of related links too good not to share.

In What is fashion good for? Part 1, Timo Rissanen explains that the current fashion system is terrible for the planet because it is terribly wasteful. It's also very harmful to the people involved in creating the cheap clothes that most people wear.

Home sewing is part of the solution.

The NYT profiled the McCall Pattern Company in Sewing for the Instagram Generation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the McCalls article. I laughed when they got to Gertie. I keep forgetting the sewing part of the world is pretty small and esoteric to much of the rest of it. My boss thinks I have magical powers when I come in wearing something I made.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.