Saturday, November 07, 2015

The Harley Quinn top

I puzzled about how to get the Harley Quinn one-piece look with two pieces. The bodice reverses the legging colors, but the color change needs to occur higher than the top's hem.  Some online costumes reversed the colors in two places: below the bust (empire) and again at the hem of the top.  I wanted one sweep of color from the empire line to the bottom of the legging.
I switched thread colors to ensure that contrast stitching (on the outside) did not distract from the overall color-blocking.
Ordinarily, I center the neck band seam at the back. However, I offset it a little bit to reduce bulk at the back of the neck.

This top is built to last and is now a part of her everyday wardrobe.

BTW, this is my 30th rendition of Kwik Sew 2555 since I started tracking my pattern use.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17:50

    The "costume" is great. Smart Mama.
    Vancouver Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great costume! And everyday top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. I'm glad she likes it

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute costume! you are my garment-sewing hero.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.