Friday, November 06, 2015

The Harley Quinn leggings

A second-skin unitard is a nonstarter. A one-piece is just not practical for all-day wear. From the beginning, I knew that I would be making a top+leggings.
This pair of leggings may not look like much, but it is a milestone.

The last pair of leggings I sewed for her, back in January 2015, was made with the child-sized pattern, Kwik Sew 3476. I had to add so much length to the pattern, I decided to trace out the adult-sized Kwik Sew 3636 this time.  My baby is growing up.  Sniff.

Colorado Fabrics had a nice assortment of cotton/lycra stretch French Terry this summer.  I brought some home in red, dusty pink and olive.  I combined the red with the black cotton/poly/lycra stretch French Terry I bought from CF last winter and used for the non-Hammer pants.

The rest of the costume required more thought and planning.  Stay tuned.

Aside: 

Halloween costumes can be an unseemly waste of resources.  Think of all those costumes that get trashed after one wearing.  I try to make clothes that have a life after Halloween in a non-costume-y way.  These leggings are now pajamas.

1 comment:

  1. We realized that her school colors are red+black and white. The leggings were perfect to wear under a skirt for an evening football game.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.