Sunday, August 23, 2015

Smoke Effects

During my after-work bike ride on Thursday, August 20, I noticed flashes of red coming from Boulder creek. Further investigation showed that they were the reflections of sunlight coming off the sun. We have been getting spectacular red sunsets due to the smoke from all the wildfires around the western part of North America.

Fortunately, I didn't need my inhaler during or after my bike ride.  I did cough a bit more than usual after my ride.

I did give up my hiking and biking plans for the weekend, though.  It's just too smoky outside.  My eyes hurt if I spend extended time outdoors.  When will the winds shift?  Check the California Regional Weather Server's Jet Stream visualizations of NCEP forecasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.