Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sea creature?


Is this a cuttlefish?


No, it's a citrus fruit called Buddha's hand!

Just one finger makes a lovely vinaigrette as shown here.

It was not in your CSA box. But, I share my hyperlocal garden bounty with other area gardeners. Right now, my Meyer lemon tree is groaning under the weight of many lemons. I traded a few for this Buddha's hand.

I can't use the entire thing, so I am offering up chunks of this to other CSA participants. Email me if you would like some. I also have Meyer lemons, rosemary, oregano and bay leaves to share.

Better yet, drop by the Adams Middle School Wellness Fair this Saturday, January 21, 2012 from 10:00AM to 1:00PM at (where else?) Adams Middle School.

I will be there. Stop by to say hello and pick up some hyperlocal Buddha's hand, Meyer lemons, rosemary, oregano and bay leaves!

This was originally posted at the Adams School CSA Blog, but I thought this was too cool not to share here, also. Please come by and say hello. Better yet, sign up for regular CSA deliveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are open for recent posts, but require moderation for posts older than 14 days.